• We can easily handle groups as large as 60.
• Your group can go with an individual guide in the guide’s fishing boat, (2 to 3 clients per boat) or your group can opt for a more relaxed pontoon boat guided trip – 4 to 6 passengers per pontoon boat plus an experienced guide/captain on each boat. All rods and reels, tackle, bait, and life vests are furnished. Clients are welcome to bring any of their own fishing gear also.
The trip, or what is provided?
• Weather is too bad to fish if it is thundering, lightning and/or too windy. Under those conditions we wouldn’t go out or stay out.
• Boat, motor, gas, bait and all terminal tackle is provided.
• Rods and reels are also available if needed.
• Pick up at your resort or other location.
• Free fish cleaning service.
Lake Vermilion facts
Lake Vermilion is located 90 miles North of Duluth, Minnesota and 220 miles north of Mpls./St. Paul. The lake stretches 35 miles across Minnesota’s Arrowhead Region.
• 40,557 acres of water
• 365 islands
• 1200 miles of shoreline
Lake Vermilion is home to abundant populations of a wide variety of fish – walleye, musky,northern pike, perch, crappie, sunfish, and both large and smallmouth bass.
What to bring?
• Rain gear, warm clothes as the weather dictates
• Cooler with food & drink
• Polarized sunglasses
• A personal flotation device if you have one you prefer to wear.
• Your own rods and reels if you have a favorite (8 – 10 pound test line is recommended for walleye.)
• Clothing that is suitable for the time of year you will be fishing, most mornings and evenings can be cool.
• A valid Minnesota fishing license.